Legal notice and summons are the initiating steps before any legal proceeding adjournment in UAE. It can be sent from a person or company whose legal rights have been infringed.
Summons is authoritative archive given by a court or by the managerial organization of government for different purposes. A legitimate activity might be in progress against the individual or the individual’s essence as a witness might be required.
It is however not a command and failure to honor the call may lead to default judgment by the judge; the judge can decide the case without him or her.
Legal notice on the other hand is formal communication to the other party about your intention of initiating a legal proceeding. The parties involved may as well decide to settle the case outside the court and avoid the litigation.
They only difference is that a notice will be issued to the person before they are charged with an offense while summons is issued to a person after being charged with an offense. These types of documents, summon and notice, are considered important in the UAE and shouldn’t be compromised by a bad translation.
Upon being summoned in the Dubai court of law, one is given a date by which he is expected to show up in court or react to court over a reported case.
The inability to show up within the time frame allocated leads to a different case of being defiant to court orders and one is charged accordingly.
Discuss with your certified translator keenly so that he drafts a legal notice that will be understood by your opponent in a clear manner. The translated notice will however be served to the defaulting party on your behalf by your attorney or lawyer within 3 business days.
For a fixed but pocket-friendly cost, the lawyer you hire will discuss with you the situation, examine the facts relating to it, advise you on possible legal implications, draft and later present it to your opponent.
Types of legal notices in UAE include;
- Outstanding debt claim
- Breach of a commercial contract
- Employment termination
- Termination of a lease agreement
- Infringement of intellectual property rights
There is however protocols to be followed in issuing a legal notice;
- Legal advice session; this session is between you and the lawyer after receiving all your documents brief regarding the matter. Your lawyer will engage you in a talk that will help you decide on the best course of action.
- Drafting a legal notice; the attorney will draft a legal notice based on the analysis of your situation and send it to you for reviews of the facts and approval.
- Serving the legal notice; the attorney or lawyer will wait till you are satisfied with the notice. He will then send the final documented notice to the opponent via mail, email, or fax, which will be provided by you.
The UAE however has a law that guarantees you of self-protection. The information you share with the attorney remains private and known only to the two of you. As well the translation service providers are obliged to protect their clients against issues that may arise due to information leakage.
With regards to legal notices translation in Dubai, you cannot just trust anyone to get your interest served reason why you don’t need to rush in making your decision on the service provider.
However, you need to be aware that issuing a legal notice to your opponent does not ensure a favorable outcome or a complete solution to the disputes you have. It will just serve to inform the party about your lawful rights issue a warning to them of the consequences involved.